[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
SL2College • View topic - Possibility of a scholarship
We may already have an answer for your question in our forum, please use the "Search" box on the top right-hand side to search for keywords related to your question. If you cannot find an answer, please post your question in the appropriate forum below

Possibility of a scholarship

Possibility of a scholarship

Postby saman1988 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi,
I'm planning to do a PhD in computer science.
I have completed my Bachelor in Computer Applications in 2008 at University of Bangalore, India with a first class. but it was a 3 year degree program and they don't have 4 years on that Degree program.
Then I have completed my MSc in Computer Science at UCSC with a low GPA (2.5).
When I was searching for Scholarships, I found out that I need a 4 year degree with a class or MSc with good GPA.
Is this means all my hopes for PhD scholarship is gone ?
How much will it cost to do a PhD without a Scholarship ?
saman1988

Re: Possibility of a scholarship

Postby sam » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:47 pm

If you get admissions to a PhD program without financial support, you probably have to be ready to support yourself for at least for the first couple of semesters. Most students end up getting some sort of financial support by the end of first semester, either TA, or some sort of other assistantships.

For admissions, if you can show the aptitude by getting better GRE and TOEFL scores and probably subject GRE test, you can get into a program with financial support.
sam

Return to Australia: Financial Aid and Scholarships