[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2205: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
SL2College • View topic - Environmental Law
We may already have an answer for your question in our forum, please use the "Search" box on the top right-hand side to search for keywords related to your question. If you cannot find an answer, please post your question in the appropriate forum below

Environmental Law

Questions related to higher education in Europe

Environmental Law

Postby Ravi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 am

I'm done with my LLB from University of Colombo and thinking about doing my masters in Environmental Law. I have no idea about the best university or the best country for it. And Is there any possibility to apply for scholarships? I have not performed well in my bachelors anyway. And where else Can I try for my higher studies ? Like Canada, Australia,USA or...etc? Seriously I have no clear idea at all about any of these. and is it possible to do a job while I'm studying for my masters ? And do I have to show them any amount of money in my bank account when I apply for a foreign degree ? Thanks
Ravi

Re: Environmental Law

Postby primal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 am

Hi Ravi,

Following link is the US News ranking on Environmental Law in US. This should give you a rough idea on leading
Universities. When I did a quick google search, I came across quite a few websites claiming to have
ranking for the area you are looking for.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... w-rankings

Usually, Times Higher Education, QS, US News are the top most accepted rankings but there are other
lists too from which you can get an idea.

I can not speak for Europe, US, Aussie but if you have any questions on Canadian systems I can answer them.
Usually Science, Business and Law have their own way of recruiting grads. Following is the link for the UBC program
in Environmental Law. The website should give you more insight into the process you need to follow, prerequisites, etc.

http://www.law.ubc.ca/enlaw/

Regrading your other questions, in Canada, you can not work off campus unless you have a work permit which is bit
hard to get while you are doing your studies with a study permit. However you can work on-campus.

I am sure anyone in the Law stream might have a better answer this just to give you can idea.

Let me know whether this works.

- primal

p.s. There are two FB groups for Canada and US through which you can get advises too. It can be bit faster coz
you know everyone likes to wander around FB. :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SL2C.Ca ... orProgram/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SL2C.US ... orProgram/
primal

Return to Europe